Friday, January 16, 2009


OK, day two and I have proofreaders.Amy informed me I misspelled misspelled in the description.Only me right? Ya know at first I thought I would try really hard spell things correctly,but honestly I just aint got it in me.Now as for all the typos and grammatical errors that is pure carelessness.Lord PLEASE don't let Janice Fogleman ever read this.She would be so ashamed. I can just hear her "I taught you better than that." And I'm already getting requests.People who know my kids always remember stories about them .Even some I have forgotten.So,I am going to do my best to tell a recent Weston story.Well he owns the punch line at least.For those of you who aren't around my kids a lot or may not know them at all(I cant imagine anyone reading this who doesn't know us. But if there is good luck translating)my kids are all different.Except for the accent! First there is Weston, the oldest.He is the old soul as Amy calls him.Weston is a mixture of a 9 yr old trying to follow the crowd,but doesn't fit into the "crowd" at all, and a 70 yr old man who has been through it all.He is loving ,bossy,nosey,and totally set in his ways.Weston IS the old man you see at the coffee shop at 5 am.This is the kids who asks for and gets 20x jeans and a book about rodeo for Christmas and then poses for pictures like this.Then we have Jarron.OH WOW! Jarron is our drama queen.He is the sweetest kid you will ever meet. He LOVES women and is such a charmer. It worries me actually.But he gets his feelings hurt so easily that his life of crime he is forced to lead by being the middle child ends up breaking his heart.
Case in point... They got a wii for Christmas. up to four players! I thought all life's problems were going to be solved,but that is NOT the case.They fight endlessly about who is player one,what game they are going to play, and definitely not least who will be The Undertaker on WWE vs Raw(Brent is included in that fight).But the bulk of the bickering starts when Weston is playing away and Jarron pushes pause about every 2.5 seconds just to get him rattled.And man does it ever work.(as most of you know I lived with Brett most of my life and the flashbacks of this very thing make me shutter) Anyway we will save Brett stories for another day.So after Jarron hid around the corner a few nights ago and pushed pause at least 10 times while his brother was playing I made him put the controller down and he could not play any more. OH MY GOSH you would have thought I told him we were all going to move away and make him live alone in the wilderness for the rest of his life. He broke down like you would not believe.He is so good at that. So I then took the next step and sent him to his room.I'm pretty sure that was followed by an almost fatal fall down the steps caused by his despair.About 4 minutes after he went into his room he emerged with big ol crocodile tears and said "sorry Momma"... " sorry Weston". and that's when Weston dropped the bomb. Something I needed to hear myself years ago."Well Jar'n sawry dont swayt'n ma ta!" translation..... well , Jarron sorry doesn't sweeten my tea.
Such a wonderful truth. Fell free to use it.I know I will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry don't sahweet'n muh tee neither, Weston! I love these stories. My next request - you gotta tell the story about Weston, the gun, Doc Holiday, and winter :) One of the classics!! Oh, then Jarron and his antics to get the bus driver to be his personal chauffeur!!

Powered By Blogger