Monday, January 19, 2009

The Influence of a Dad


OK so I love this picture of Brent and Kolby. It is sooo precious.It shows how guys can be sweet even without meaning to be. My boys think their Daddy and Papa and other older men in their lives are the coolest!!No matter what they do, say,or wear my boys want to do it ,say it ,or wear it.Sometimes it makes me angry.I am the one who does everything for them and they totally dismiss my opinion if it differs from their dads. Kolby is especially bad about this. My dad freezes all the time so he has started wearing under amour a lot to stay warm. So I come home from the shop on Saturday to find kolby on the mule with PaPa wearing what else?A long sleeve under amour shirt.When I asked him if he was cold he looked at me like I was a nut and said "NO! I'm wearin dis relwy tool shirt wike PaPa!" followed by the DUH look he gives all too well.But it isn't only Kolby all the boys do this.They have warped my babies. They (Dad, Brent ,and the Boys)Have put what the lovingly call the deer house in the woods where they hunt in the fall.Now, however, it is serving as a place to stalk the droves of wild hogs that are in our area.They go to check the camera every day to see the pictures of the hogs that have been visiting the feeder. My boys think this is the funnest thing ever. So Sunday we were on our way to church when Weston proceeded to tell his friend about the dream he had the night before. "there was this wild hog in my Dads building and we shut all the doors and caught it in there. But we forgot one door and when we went in to shoot it is was gone."He seemed so sad that they didn't get to blow it away. I thought wow! what a dream. I bet not many kids dream about shooting a wild hog.But for Weston it's nothing out of the ordinary.But when I thought we may not be raising the typical children was when Kolby was chosen as the Spotlight student of the week at his school. When he and I were filing out the paper I asked him "what do you like to do when you are not in school?" His reply......."play with duns"(guns) (toy ones of course)I thought to myself ok I probably shouldn't put that on this paper that will be hanging in there hallway of his school. So I said "ok. What else" His reply........ "doe huntin'wif duns" So I gave up and wrote it down.Somehow I think if I had written something like" sit quietly and listen to my mom read me stories"hey would have known it was a lie! and on that note I really hope there aren't any animal rights activists or anti gun people who read this.They'll be huntin' me! But if they do find me I'm gonna blame it ALL on Daddy and PaPa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WooZer "In my best Kolby Voice"

Powered By Blogger